The look and feel of a house are just as important as the fixtures and appliances. It’s the first thing you see when you look at a home, whether you’re a prospective buyer or a neighbor walking by. There are three ways to gain this look; one is through home staging, one is through interior designing and one is through interior decorating. It doesn’t matter if you’re single, married, or have kids, if you want to sell your home or if you just want to change the look of your house; it will benefit from having an interior designer look into it.
If you’re not sure whether home staging, interior decorating, or interior designing is the right step for your family, we’ve outlined the details of each in this blog post, read on to learn about the key differences between interior designing, interior decorating and home staging so that you can make an informed decision about what is best for your home.
What is Home Staging?
Home staging is a luxury real estate term that refers to the practice of making a home more appealing and enticing to potential buyers. This can be done with simple, low-cost tips and tricks that anyone can do. Home staging is all about creating a functional space that has the right amount of light, and makes a positive statement about the occupants and their lifestyles. A staged home creates a sense of excitement in potential buyers which leads to faster sales.
Home stagers are experts at creating appealing and inviting interiors, and they do so by a variety of means, let’s look at some of the ways below:
- Let your clients know that, to make room for all the things they want and need, they should hold a garage sale and decide which items are no longer needed.
- Restaging a client’s home by re-designing the layout of their decorative items, so that it will look more appealing to potential buyers. For example, a stager might arrange furniture and decorative accessories more nicely.
- Determine which exterior renovations would improve the home’s curb appeal.
Home staging is a lucrative and in-demand service that is vital to creating an environment in which buyers will imagine themselves happily living. Home stagers help clients to sell their homes by building trust with them and by using their expertise and services.
What Is Interior decorating?
Interior decorating is a valuable addition to your home. It can make a room look and feel new again without making drastic changes or burning a hole in your pocket. With interior decorating, you can make big differences in your home, like freshening up a room with new paint or changing out your light fixtures. You can also go beyond that and do some redecorating, such as changing out furniture or rearranging rooms. Interior decorating can be a quick and easy way to improve your home’s appearance. It doesn’t need to be expensive, and it can add value to your home even if you don’t want to sell it. Further, interior decorating can also make your home more comfortable and enjoyable, as well as improve your mental health.
It can be difficult for clients to decide how to change a room in their home, particularly if they want to remodel the entire house. An interior designer can help, given their expertise. Here are some examples of how they can transform your homes:
- When assessing a space, it is important to use a checklist to determine what is missing or what could be improved.
- We use lighting fixtures to create a specific mood for our client’s homes.
- Giving our clients the luxury of a spacious bathroom by replacing the sink, installing a large mirror, and adding decorative tiles.
Interior designers bring excitement, beauty, and comfort to the homes and offices of their clients by designing aesthetically pleasing and functional spaces.
What is Interior Design?
Interior design is a multifaceted art and science to enhance the beauty and comfort of your space. Details like color coordination, furniture selection, accents, and lighting impact how a room looks and feels. For example, cool modern coastal hues bring a feeling of serenity to your house, while light mid-century modern furnishings create a clean, timeless aesthetic.
When it comes to interior design, there is a lot to consider, from color schemes to area rugs. Luckily, here are a few principles of interior design that are simple when giving your home a makeover.
- Make your money work for you – It’s smart to proceed slowly when you’re just beginning with interior design. Choose big-ticket pieces first, like couches and beds. Then fill in the gaps with accent pieces and DIY home decorating.
- Luxurious lighting enhances every room of the house – proper lighting will not only brighten a room but also enhance its ambiance. Natural light from windows, floor lamps, ceiling lights, and accent lighting all add style to a space.
- Accent pieces are a wonderful way to add character to a room – Interior designers often focus on the larger pieces of furniture like couches and coffee tables, but neglect accent pieces like vases and bowls that can make any space look more personalized.
- Allow your furniture to breathe – Instead of positioning your furniture flush against the walls, leave a few inches between the pieces to create a more spacious feel.
- Your room is not a museum – Rather than trying to make your home look like a designer’s showcase, add sentimental or quirky items that make it feel like a home, that make it feel like you.
U and I interiors can help you make any space feel more spacious, express your unique aesthetic, and create spaces that tell a story and speak about you.
Which Is Better: Home Staging, Interior Decorating or Interior Designing?
Home staging – A major factor in selling a home.
Interior Decoration – For selling, renting, or living in.
Interior Designing – For those with a flair for luxury.
At the end of the day, an interior designer is a combination of all three and can help you transform your house according to your needs. An interior designer can be a home stager and an interior decorator but a home stager or an interior decorator cannot be an interior designer.
What can an Interior Designer do for you?
Narrow down your choices of where to live based on your functional needs, aesthetics, timelines, and investments.
We are a source of inspiration for those who want to live in spaces that are artfully designed, well crafted, and not readily available.
You can customize your home to fit your taste and lifestyle. All of your home’s furnishings will be unique to you and your taste.
Investing with experts can help you make the most out of your money because they have a good understanding of associated costs and can advise you on where you should invest for the greatest impact.
Discover new solutions, beyond those you currently know about, that you may not have previously considered.
Let our experts be your go-to person to bounce your ideas off of, ask your burning home design questions, and talk about all things home design. They have a passion for what they do!
Spend less time and effort to achieve professional, statement-making, magazine-worthy results.
Asking, “Which is the best option for me?” can help you determine whether to hire an interior designer, decorator, or a stager.
At the end of the day, an interior designer is a combination of all three and can help you transform your house according to your needs. A home stager or an interior decorator may help you with some aspects of design but they cannot become an expert like interior designers.
So which is better? Still confused? Our best bet would be to go for an interior designer and we have the perfect solution for all your interior design needs. Check out U and I Interiors – Designing homes with an eye for detail, a passion for aesthetics, and the desire to create your very own haven.